In May, I gave myself this magic lamp for my birthday and granted myself 3 gifts:
* The gift of Meditation * The gift of Gratitude
* And, the gift of education on how to be a winner & self-leader
I can honestly say that these are the best gifts I have ever received.
My main learnings from these three gifts were:
- The difference between being interested and being committed.
- Small acts done daily lead to success.
- Being grateful is a choice.
- Being truly grateful leads to contentment, unexpected blessings and possibilities.
- Self-leaders create their circumstances.
- Take the first step. If you never take that first step, you never get there.
- Winners do not quit, they show up and keep showing up!
My Motto for 2018 is "KEEP SHOWING UP" so watch this space.
What is your motto for 2018?
I've split this blog into 2 areas: Lifestyle & Travel. Enjoy!
(i) Lifestyle – anything related to health and wellness, living options, creative pursuits. My Health & Wellness journey began when I returned from the Big OE and I completed a Master's Degree in Counselling. I worked in the area, doing 1:1 counselling and running personal development groups in a wide range of areas. Since moving overseas to live I have completed other courses, Yoga Teacher Training, Life Coaching, and Health & Wellness Coaching, as well as reading extensively in the area. I am also interested in alternative ways of living that support the environment and create communities. Downsizing life, upscaling lifestyle!
(ii) Travel/Adventure – I love travelling and adventures and there’s no better time to do this than in your 60s! My love of travel has taken me to countless countries to travel and work as a youngish backpacker on the Big OE (Overseas Experience), and then again as an older woman. The second time around I have chosen to live and work in countries (Korea, Oman and Malaysia) and travel around from there.This has been the most rewarding experience of my life. I've had plenty of adventures in my home country of New Zealand too and intend to have many more when I return home later this year!!